Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekend Market Report



Last weekend I introduced a new friend to the second hand market near the train station. It always feels good to share treasured hunting ground with a like-minded hunter!

I love the images of this boxed bulk soap we spotted in the wholesale market where we parked. In fact, I think I could decorate a room around this color scheme.



Is it a coincidence that my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip?


Chocolate and caramel. My mind never strays far away from food.



And here are some of the faces of the market. They are hard worn and beautiful.



This man begged me to take his picture and then proceeded to find me later on when he asked me, in Russian, with much hand gesturing, to do something. I think he wants me to print the picture for him or give him my camera. Not sure which.






The find of the day. My new friend and I saw it at the same time and I walked away with it. I'm not sure if she's my friend anymore, although she does speak to me still. It's a large well-used cotton runner. It cost $4.58. Yes, less than five dollars.



Don't you think it works perfectly with the dining chairs my sister recovered for me when she was here visiting?



I bought this little cut crystal tray for a buck or two.


It holds my salt & pepper shakers and dirty olive oil bottle very nicely, don't you think?


And I couldn't pass up this darling little glass bowl. I love the decorative stars on the bottom. Its printed with 60 K on the bottom, which means 60 kopek from Soviet times. I love that!


And adding to my growing collection of very heavy cast iron molds, I couldn't pass this up.



Thanks for watching the Weekend Market Report. Until next time, happy hunting!

No comments: